Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Portraits Part 2 - Gemma and Sushii

My first working opportunity with another human being  was with Gemma James. We were at my secret shooting spot in Melbourne beach and captured a couple cool pictures.  Heres a few

First off, people think you have to have all this thousands of dollars in equipment to have the ability to shoot a great photo. The 2 photo's I had a Nikon consumer DSLR like $400 and a $40 Reflector. That's it. That's why I loved shooting at the beach in the afternoon because you didn't need $5,000 in lights to get great shots! 

This shot was colored in lightroom as I'm sure you can tell. But I LOVE the detailed line down the side of her breast and arm pit. It gives it a 3 dimensional aspect and makes the photo pop! 


Pretty much the same pose just from a different angle. Now she is looking directly into the sunset light. Where you get that beautiful Orange glow and highlights instead of the typical white highlight from a flash or direct sunlight.  I always try to shoot at the beach either at sunrise or sunset. Usually I will start the shoot around 4pm depending on that stupid daylight savings time. I never shoot on the weekends at the beach or outdoors anywhere because there are too many people out that you have to photoshop out.


Gemma was a great first subject, she took direction well and knew how to give a look. Just like an actor, its all in the face. These girls who starve themselves to because they think it's in the body are whacko's. I'd take a great facial expression over a tight body any day. 

Ahh Sushii Xhyvette, one of my favorite models I've ever worked with. I've shot stills and did a promotional video with her. She is great and really has a thing for being a personality and letting that personality show in the picture. I shot her inside with LED lights and natural light. 

This one shot was one of the best portrait shots I have ever taken in my opinion. It show sexyness, class, and a little bit of the subjects personality. I did some color correction to get the green overtone to it but the pose and expression speaks for itself. I used one 500W LED light on her right and I had a large window on her left which let in a great amount of natural light. I used a canon 7D for this shoot. 


Nudity is overrated. Yes you heard me. I strongly believe nudity is simply easy. Anyone can go online and see a pretty girl naked but teasing is much hotter. I like doing implied nudity because it lets the viewers do what their used to doing... using their imaginations. I've always like this pose due to the angles and the use of ones imagination. I think the use of a red silk sheet really stood out to.  


This picture I think depicts the model more than any other, with her spiked braclet, boots, multi-colored hair, etc. T\I've done this pose several times but like I said before Sushii was able to pull it off more than others.


Another Teaser but this one I loved so much because it has a great shadow to light ratio. I love color so I try in every picture to bring out as much of the color as possible. In this picture I made the pink stand out using lightroom.





No comments:

Post a Comment